Founded in 1924, Hannis T. Bourgeois (HTB) is a premier certified public accounting and business advisory firm serving the Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Denham Springs, Louisiana markets. HTB works with high-net- worth individuals, privately held and SEC registered companies across the state providing accounting, tax, audit and consulting services.
In 2020,HTB was experiencing decaying IT infrastructure and losing staff productivity. Consequently, HTB accountants worked longer hours, increasing employee and client frustration and decreasing margins. Senior leadership had lost confidence in HTB’s internal IT staff and wanted an independent third party to assess the environment to confirm that their IT infrastructure could improve.
A number of upgrades and improvements to HTB’s IT infrastructure that would enhance performance and minimize problems. They included:
- Conducting an infrastructure rationalization process resulting in a less costly environment with improved stability and performance
- Implementation of an Always-on VPN solution to eliminate network bottlenecks while supporting a more remote workforce
- Putting into place modern security solutions (DNS Layer security, risk-based MFA, Endpoint Detection and Response) to improve overall security posture
- Migrating key business applications to Azure VDI to enable a faster and more cost-effective solution for employees
- Improved IT security while reducing vulnerabilities - key in a CPA environment