As one of the top industrial construction and maintenance service companies in the world, Turner Industries has built its reputation as a world-class industrial contractor for more than 50 years. To leverage its new hardware environment and improve productivity, Turner needed a strategic partner with SharePoint expertise to upgrade its customized internal portal used by more than 1,300 employees worldwide.
Currently using SharePoint 2007, Turner Industries wanted to upgrade “Turner Central,” a critical portal for managing daily operations, such as workflow processes and onboarding tasks; as well as convert and create more than 45 site templates, web parts, workflowsows, InfoPath forms and branding elements to SharePoint 2010. With limited IT resources available for the enterprise migration, Turner also faced other challenges:
- Limited SharePoint expertise to implement and upgrade “Turner Central” with minimal business interruptions
- Speed of delivery to meet an aggressive timeline
- Post-implementation support for IT staff
Sparkhound, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner with years of SharePoint experience, developed a plan that ensured Turner’s long-term success:
- Utilized its project management expertise and best practices to ensure the project was completed on time and under budget
- Built information architecture to fully support Turner’s customized applications and environment
- Provided post-implementation support, on-the-job training and knowledge transfer to IT staff
SharePoint 2010’s feature-rich capabilities enabled Turner to decrease maintenance costs, increase productivity and maintain business continuity. With Sparkhound’s expertise and support during launch, the “Turner Central” upgrade was completed on time and under budget.